Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Pita" Chips

In keeping with my promise to post Medifast recipes on here, I've got a yummy one to share tonight. The basic recipe is not my own, though the seasonings I've added in were a personal choice. This recipe will work with any of the cream soups, and the seasoning options are limitless! I've tried a lot of seasonings thus far but really love the simplicity of the smoky cumin and pepper combo. I love making these when I'm in the mood for something crunchy, and they are great with 1 Tbsp of salsa (which is a Medifast approved condiment). Yummmmm.

"Pita" Chips

1 MF Cream of Broccoli Soup
3 Tbsp water
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp black pepper
coarse salt (to taste)
cooking spray

Combine the soup, cumin and pepper; mix together. Add water and mix to make a thick paste. Lightly spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray, and evenly spread the thick batter into the pan. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Microwave for 2 minutes. Batter should harden and look like a crisp pancake. Flip the batter over, then microwave 1 additional minute. Break into pieces and enjoy munching on your chips!

To all you naysayers who are wrinkling your noses at the thought of broccoli soup making chips, I have to say... I was dubious at first but quickly won over by the crunch factor and the very slight broccoli flavor. These chips are awesome and the seasonings you add will contribute a lot of flavor. They are so quick and easy that they've become a real favorite for me, and I love that I can stick them in a ziplock and take them on the go. If you've got a healthy fat to use for the day (meaning you had a meat from the leaner or leanest category), try making a quick dip from 1 Tbsp cream cheese and your favorite herb. I made these the other day and used them to scoop up some cream cheese mixed with chives... OHHH, MAN. Hit. the. spot. Give 'em a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment